As part of Nintendo’s latest financial briefing, the company updated its list of the top-selling Switch games of all time, and Mario Kart 8 Deluxe continues to reign supreme. Nintendo also confirmed that more than 1 billion Switch games have now been sold since the system arrived in 2017.
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe has now sold 55.46 million copies through June 30, including bundled sales. The game sold 1.67 million copies in the past three months, rising from 53.79 last quarter.
Animal Crossing: New Horizons has now moved 42.79 million copies, up from 42.21 million last quarter. The rest of the top 10 list is pretty much the same, except that Ring Fit Adventure dropped out of the charts, pushed out by New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe and The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom. That game has already sold an impressive 18.51 million units since arriving in May.
As mentioned, more than 1 billion Switch games have now been sold. That’s more than any other Nintendo platform ever. The Nintendo DS had 948.76 million games sold for it, with the Wii following with 921.85 million games sold.
As for Switch hardware sales, the system has now shifted more than 129 million units, and it will likely finish its run as the third-best-selling console of all time. A Switch successor is rumored to launch in 2024.
You can see the full list below, as shared by Nintendo on its website.
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe — 55.46 million
- Animal Crossing: New Horizons — 42.79 million
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate — 31.77 million
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild — 30.65 million
- Super Mario Odyssey — 26.44 million
- Pokemon Sword/Shield — 25.92 million
- Pokemon Scarlet/Violet — 22.66 million
- Super Mario Party — 19.39 million
- The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom — 18.51 million
- New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe — 16.17 million
The products discussed here were independently chosen by our editors.
GameSpot may get a share of the revenue if you buy anything featured on our site.