The Lands Between has just received another update. The 1.10 patch for Elden Ring is now live for all platforms, and it primarily brings changes to PvP, but it does also affect other areas of the game. Changes include adjustments to poise, increased damage on specific attacks, and bug fixes.
Now whenever you’re in a PvP match, poise damage will be increased for all weapons, as well as some spells and incantations. Poise will also increase when you’re attacking someone with skills, spells, incantations, or using weapon attacks that generate poise. In addition, critical hit angles have also been extended.
PvP isn’t the only thing getting an adjustment, as previously mentioned. Whenever you’re playing the game, there’s now an increased critical hit damage and decreased recovery time after you miss a critical hit. A bug that caused the effect of the Sacred Order to continue after switching weapons has been fixed. An expansion for Elden Ring, Shadow of the Erdtree, is currently in the works, but doesn’t have a release date yet.
Listed below are all the changes being implemented in the 1.10 update:
PvP-exclusive balance adjustments
- Increased poise damage of all weapons and some spells and incantations.
- Increased poise when attacking with some skills, spells, incantations and some types of weapon attacks that generates poise.
- Added damage reduction when performing attacks with some skills, spells and incantations and some types of weapon attacks that generates poise.
- Critical hit angles have been extended.
- Decreased the invulnerability window of the Quick Step and Hound’s Step skills.
- Decreased the damage reduction granted by some skills, incantations and items.
General balance adjustments
- Increased critical hit damage.
- Decreased recovery time after a missed critical hit.
- Increased poise damage of attacks that occur after missing a critical hit.
Bug Fixes and other changes
- Adjusted the player damage animation so that the attack direction is not unintentionally shifted when getting hit while attacking with some types of weapons that generates poise.
- Fixed a bug that prevented some spells and incantations from causing damage while under the effect of some skills and items.
- Fixed a bug that caused the effects of the Sacred Order skill to continue after switching weapons.
- Corrected some text in certain languages.
For more From Software news, check out our story about a goldfish that is better than you at Elden Ring and how Armored Core 6 inherited the “aggressive combat” of Sekiro.
The products discussed here were independently chosen by our editors.
GameSpot may get a share of the revenue if you buy anything featured on our site.