Google Drive is one of the most used cloud storage among android users. Most of us rely on free plan of Google Drive that provides only 15 gigabytes of storage to every Google Account holder. But, with the increase in the size of media files nowadays, 15 GB of storage is becoming negligible. That’s we have to transfer our data from Google Drive to other cloud storage like OneDrive, Mediafire, Dropbox etc.
Although other cloud storage provides less storage space than Google Drive for free, yet it is better to use them as backup for Google Drive. In this article, we will understand how to transfer your Google Drive files to OneDrive easily using an extension of Google Drive.
For this, you need to create a Microsoft account to avail the OneDrive free storage. If you already have one, then move to follow the steps below to bulk transfer data from Google Drive to OneDrive.
How to Transfer Data from Google Drive to OneDrive?
Transferring data from Google Drive to OneDrive is easy. It just required a few simple steps and a Google Drive extension to automate the process. Get ready with your Google Drive account and OneDrive account credentials and follow the steps down below:
Step to Bulk Transfer Data from Google Drive to One Drive
- Go to drive.google.com and sign-in with your Google account.
- Click on the gear icon in the top-right corner to open settings.
- In the Settings window, tap on Manage Apps in the left sidebar.
- On the rights side, you will see a link to Connect More Apps. Click on it
- It will take you to the Google Workspace Marketplace, here you can download any extension apps for different Google apps.
- In the search bar of the Google Marketplace, search for “Drive to OneDrive”
- You will find an app “Drive Files to OneDrive” by onedrive.booogle.net. Install it.
- When you click the Install button, it will ask you to authorize access to your Google Drive. You need to allow access to this extension for letting it move files automatically.
- Once Authorized and Installed, you can find this app inside all apps’ menu along with all google apps in the top right corner.
- Open the app, and it will open a new tab in your browser to with the app interface.
- In this tab, first click on Select files from Google Drive button. It shows a popup window, click on Login and Authorize button to continue.
- Now you will see a window listing all your Google Drive files, Select all files which you want to transfer to OneDrive
- After you select the files, click on “Save to OneDrive” button at the bottom to start the transfer.
- It will ask you to log in your Microsoft Account and once you are signed-in your transfer will automatically start.
- You can check the transferred files by logging in your OneDrive Account later.
Hope you have carefully understood the steps to use the extension to bulk transfer data from Google Drive to OneDrive. You can also watch the video embedded above for a better demonstration of steps.
We don’t want you to miss something.
Type in your mail and we will make sure you will get a surprise post in your inbox.
With increased number of cloud storage, almost all popular cloud storage is trying to add the functionality of quick migration of files from one storage to others. But OneDrive hasn’t added any such feature to import files from Google Drive, that’s why you need to rely on extension for that.
Benefits of Bulk Transfer Data from Google Drive to OneDrive
Although, OneDrive provides only 5 GB of cloud storage to free users which is one third of the storage of Google Drive, yet there are many benefits of having extra 5 GB of OneDrive cloud storage:
- OneDrive’s storage 5 GB can be used for backing up your data.
- You can leverage Microsoft 365 tools on your Google documents, sheets, ppt etc.
- OneDrive provides cross-platform support, so you can access your backup from anywhere.
- You can easily access your OneDrive documents in Microsoft apps installed in your Windows PC.
- You can buy storage in OneDrive, just like you can do with Google Drive.
We hope you like this quick and easy tutorial to Transfer Data from Google Drive to One Drive. May be at the time of reading this blog you may not find the same extension used in this article. But, you can always search in Google Workspace Marketplace for best migration apps to transfer files from OneDrive to Google Drive. We will be updating this article frequently with the new ways of bulk transferring files from Google Drive to OneDrive. So, stay connected with us.
If you found this blog helpful, please comment your views down below.